Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Add comments on Tumblr 2.

Add comments to your Tumblr blog? Long ago I tipped you guys about Disqus which I still use. It has a lot of great functionalities, which for example allows your audience to comment with their twitter or Facebook account.
Yesterday I got a comment on a post from Lee.
As Lee commented on my post " How to add comments on Tumblr" he mentioned a simply alternative for Disqus. Don't get me wrong, I love Disqus and all the functionalities which Disqus brings. However, if your just looking for a simply commenting system. This does the job perfectly. I enclosed a short tutorial which Lee has posted on his website.

Thanks for the tip!

UPDATE: Check cmmnt.info for the code which doesn't seem to appear in this post.


cmmnt.info - Comments For Your Site

I was looking for a simple commenting system for my tumblr blog.
I came across Disqus which worked really well, but was serious overkill for what I was looking for. Further research led me to believe there was nothing suitable so I decided to make my own clean and simple alternative.
The concept is a hybrid system based on both Blogger and Disqus. It has been made with Tumblr in mind, but will work with any web site. It's free, easy to implement and doesn't require any signup. Check out the sample link below for an example. Instructions follow afterwards. To see it in action in the wild visit my tumblr.

Instructions for Tumblr

  1. Log into tumblr.com/customize
  2. Navigate to Theme and select "Use Custom HTML" if it isn't already enabled.
  3. Copy and paste the following code into the HTML, just before the {/block:Posts} tag: 
  4. Copy and paste the following code into the HTML, just after the {/block:Posts} tag: 
  5. You can apply CSS styles to the paragraph (p.comments) or link (p.comment a.cmmntLink) if you like, although this step is optional.
  6. You can also append text to the end of every link by modifying the link_text_extra javascript variable. To make the comment links say "5 Comments. Click here to add your feedback!" use add the following code above the previous line of javascript: 

Instructions for other sites

  1. Create a link on any page you want to be able to comment on and give it the class 'cmmntLink'. If this is a blog post, it should be the permalink.
  2. Copy and paste the following code into the HTML, just before the tag:
  3. You can apply CSS styles to the paragraph (p.comments) or link (p.comment a.cmmntLink) if you like, although this step is optional.
  4. You can also append text to the end of every link by modifying the link_text_extra javascript variable. To make the comment links say "5 Comments. Click here to add your feedback!" use add the following code above the previous line of javascript:



1 comment:

Mansory repair services said...

I really enjoyed exploring your blog. good resource ... thanks for sharing the info, keep up the good work going....

Masonry repair services in Maryland


Rob Benwell's Blogging To The Bank 3.0 Reviewed